On September 17, 2014 you’ll be able ask curators from cultural institutions around the world questions on Twitter using the hashtag #AskACurator. They can be inquiries about collections, processes, personal favorites, or the field as a whole. Questions can be directed to specific institutions, or you can just use the hashtag and see who responds from around the world. In 2013, 622 museums participated in 37 countries with a total of 26,000 tweets.
We’ll be participating again this year with an enlarged panel of LVA specialists to field questions throughout the day. We’re here to open a window onto our process and the brains behind what the public sees. Our schedule of experts can be seen below. Get those questions ready!
- 9 am: Barbara Batson, Exhibitions Coordinator
- 10 am: Leslie Courtois, Conservator
- 11 am: Vince Brooks, Senior Local Records Archivist and Blog Editor
- 12 pm: Meghan Townes, Visual Studies Collection Registrar
- 1 pm: Audrey McElhinney, Senior Rare Book Librarian
- 2 pm: Adrienne Robertson, Education and Programs Coordinator
- 3 pm: Dale Neighbors, Prints & Photographs Collection Coordinator
- 4 pm: Dana Puga, Prints & Photographs Collection Specialist
Tweet your questions @LibraryofVA with #AskACurator on Sept. 17th!