As of May 28, 2021, the Library of Virginia’s second-floor reading rooms are open to all with no advance appointment necessary during our current hours: Tuesday–Friday, 10:00 AM–4:00 PM
The Archives Research Room is closed for lunch from 1:00 to 2:00 pm. Our Special Collections Reading Room still requires an appointment.
Longer hours are starting Tuesday, July 6, 2021.
- Fears of a Setting Sun: The Disillusionment of America’s Founders / Dennis C. Rasmussen
- Runaway: The Daring Escape of Ona Judge / Ray Anthony Shepard
- Meade and Lee at Rappahannock Station: The Army of the Potomac’s First Post-Gettysburg Offensive, From Kelly’s Ford to the Rapidan, October 21 to November 20, 1863 / Jeffrey Wm. Hunt
- Slavery And Freedom in the Shenandoah Valley during the Civil War Era / Jonathan A. Noyalas
- An Intimate Economy: Enslaved Women, Work, and America’s Domestic Slave Trade / Alexandra J. Finley
- The Road Less Traveled: The Secret Battle to End the Great War, 1916-1917 / Philip Zelikow
- Taking Leave, Taking Liberties: American Troops on the World War II Home Front / Aaron Hiltner
- The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance during the Blitz / Erik Larson
- After Saigon’s Fall: Refugees and US-Vietnamese Relations, 1975-2000 / Amanda C. Demmer
- A Landscape Saved: Virginia Museum of History & Culture, 2020: The Garden Club of Virginia at 100.
- Public Art Reston: Lake Anne.
- Blacktop Wasteland: A Novel / S. A. Cosby
- The Snapping of the Stick / Aaron Lee Moore